Recently I found beautiful pork sirloins on sale for $1.99/lb. Anytime I find lean pork at under $2 per lb, I stock up. I decided to grill them, and wanted to sprinkle on seasonings that would complement the Green Chile Mac & Cheese recipe I created. On impulse I pulled my jar of fajita seasoning mix out of the pantry and began to rub spice into the meat.
As I rubbed, my mind was thinking it needed something else and next thing I know I’m pulling out the Chipotle Tabasco. I love this stuff. Its spicy smokey flavor adds pizzazz to lots of dishes and sauces. However, I knew the Tabasco would be too spicy for the majority of my family if I brushed it on straight, so I added some raw honey to sweeten up the heat.
It was delish! Definitely a keeper for my tried and true recipe binder!
- 4-6 Pork Sirloin or Chops
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- tsp ½paprika
- tsp ½sea salt
- tsp ⅛chili powder more if you like it spicy!
- tsp ⅛black pepper
- tsp ⅛celery seed optional
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tsp chipotle tabasco
- Preheat gas grill on low or prepare charcoal grill.
- Mix all dry seasonings together in small bowl.
- Sprinkle and rub dry mixture into both sides of pork.
- In a separate small bowl, mix honey and tabasco. Set aside.
- Sear both sides of pork on grill. Then slow cook over low temperature, flipping often until almost done.
- Brush both sides of pork with honey mixture.
- Continue to flip and cook over low temp until glaze sets up.
You might also like my Honey & Garlic Pork Ribs!