If you’re looking for an super easy, crowd pleasing dinner, you really should try my Beef and Black Bean Tortilla Stack. I double the recipe for our family and there’s never any leftovers. Cooking a meal that ALL seven of us like doesn’t happen often. This is one of those rare and welcome occasions.
Reasons Why You Should Make Beef and Black Bean Tortilla Stack
(other than the fact that your whole family will love it).
#1 It’s quick and easy!
This recipe calls for 7 ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry and comes together in roughly 40 minutes. Just brown your ground beef and dump in the beans and corn. Mix your taco seasoning with your sour cream and then start stacking.
If you already have browned ground beef in your freezer (like I do), then your prep time will be cut in half. Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes and serve with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa. My kind of meal!
#2 It’s frugal!
All of the ingredients in Beef and Bean Tortilla Stack often go on sale, can be purchased inexpensively and some can be made at home to save even more. For example, grocery stores often use sour cream and cheese as loss leaders to get you in the store. So if you watch your sales, you can pick these items up cheaply and stock up. Cheese will keep for quite awhile and also freezes nicely.
You can also save money by choosing to make your own taco seasoning with spices you probably already have in your pantry!
#3 It’s versatile!
This recipe is so flexible. The ingredients can be played with depending on what you have in your pantry or what you’re in the mood for.
- No ground beef in the freezer? Substitute chicken breast. You could even grill your chicken if you want more flavor.
- Don’t like black beans? Try pinto beans or red kidney beans.
- Mix up the cheese. Try monterey jack one time and sharp cheddar the next.
- Change up the sauce. Try pico de gallo or even green chili sauce.
This recipe is also included in my 2 Week Aldi Friendly Meal Plan. You can pick up the ebook which includes 14 delicious, home-cooked recipes and a printable shopping list.
How to Make Beef and Black Bean Tortilla Stack
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can corn drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs taco seasoning
- 3 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 375 and spray 9 inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Brown beef in skillet.
- Stir in beans and corn and heat for 2 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Spread 1/4 cup ground beef mixture over bottom of pie plate.
- Place 1 tortilla in the bottom of the pie plate and spread 1/3 of sour cream mixture over the surface.
- Top with 1/3 ground beef mixture and 1/3 of cheese.
- Repeat layers two more times.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until heated throughout and cheese is melted.