Recently, I bought a wok at an estate sale and decided to try making some of my favorite Asian dishes at home.
Back in my twenty-somethings, I ate Chicken Lo Mein for lunch several times a month at the little hole in the wall Chinese place up the street from where I worked. Love me some Chicken Lo Mein. So naturally, this is one of the recipes I wanted to try.
After scouring the internet, I found lots of different recipes utilizing lots of different ingredients. Some simple, some complicated. After playing around with the ingredients I had on hand and knowing what my family likes, the recipe below is what I came up with.
I will tell you, most recipes call for angel hair pasta or spaghetti noodles. I like authentic noodles so I use Annie Chun’s Soba Noodles. You can buy them online or at Sprouts.
I always double this recipe and save half for my lunches during the week.
For the Sauce
- 3 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
For the Chicken & Vegetables
- 1 pkg Annie Chun's All Natural Chow Mein Noodles
- 1 tbs sunflower or sesame oil divided
- 2 chicken breast cut into thin 1-inch long strips
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Cook and drain noodles, set aside.
- Mix together ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in wok or large skillet and stir fry chicken over high heat until no longer pink in the center.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat another teaspoon of oil and add carrots and green onions. Cook until slightly tender.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil and add mushrooms and broccoli.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, but not mushy.
- Add cooked chicken back into wok.
- Pour in sauce and mix well. Sauce will thicken a little as it heats.
- Serve over sticky white rice.
You might also be interested in:
Zaycon Fresh – Great Prices on FRESH Chicken Delivered to Your Area
I love having my Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast delivered by Zaycon Foods. By cutting out the middle man, Zaycon Fresh brings you the highest quality meat products at the lowest prices. They used to have just a few drop off points, but they’ve gained so much popularity over the past few years, that locations nationwide are able to take advantage of the freshness and super savings.
Register with Zaycon Fresh and they’ll let you know when a sales event is coming to your area. They sell lots of other products too, like Lean Ground Beef, Bacon, Ham, and more!