I love these Coffee Sandwich Cookies so much. However, I feel like I should offer a disclaimer due to the name. See, some of you out there love COFFEE – good, strong, black (or almost) coffee. I, too, love coffee but….with lots of sweetener and creamer (preferably half and half) – so basically coffee that isn’t really coffee at all. I also love coffee ice cream, coffee candy and coffee cake. These cookies fit right in.
These delicious cookies start out with a dough not unlike sugar cookie dough. It will need to be chilled, so make sure you allow time for that.
You’ll also want to make sure you have an icing bag and tip on hand. Trust me, it’ll make adding the filling go alot quicker and it will be prettier.
Between letting the dough chill, rolling it out, cutting it, baking it, and then filling the cookies with fluffy icing, these Coffee Sandwich Cookies do take a bit of time and effort….but trust me…they’re so worth it!
Whether you’re celebrating National Coffee Day, baking a special treat for your favorite coffee connoisseur or satisfying your own sweet tooth, Coffee Sandwich Cookies fit the bill.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs room temp.
- 2 tbs ground coffee
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- Beat butter and sugar together in large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, and coffee mix fully
- In another bowl add all dry items together.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and stir fully combined, do not over mix.
- Place the dough in your refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Then, preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out the dough on a floured solid surface to about 1/2 inch thick. Using a circle cookie cutter, punch out circles and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden
- Allow cookies to cool completely before filling with the icing
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Add brown sugar and heavy cream.
- Stir the mix constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool (1 hour minimum).
- Beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency.