- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 4 cups chicken breast diced (cooked or uncooked)
- 5 oz fat free cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon butter softened
- 1/3 cup lite or fat free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls 8 ounce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken with the onions and garlic. (NOTE: if using cooked chicken, add after the onions/garlic are tender and then heat throughout).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sour cream, salts, spices and milk. Mix well.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, onions and garlic.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles and press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle. Pull four corners of dough to center of chicken mixture and twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal.
- Place pockets on baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Makes 8 pockets
Need more meal planning inspiration?Check out the recipe index!