I love mason jars. They are my favorite freezer storage containers. I use them for homemade red sauce, poultry stock and broth, beans and more. They’re also great for keeping bulk batches of homemade mixes fresh, like taco seasoning or ranch dressing mix. And don’t forget, they make awesome drinking glasses and cute, impromptu vases.
And those are just the common uses. It seems like everywhere you look lately, artistic minds are coming up with new and creative ideas for revamping old jars. From hand soap and condiment dispensers to solar lights, from one-of-a-kind chandeliers to bathroom organizing systems…mason jars can be repurposed all over your home. There’s really never any reason to throw these gems away.
Don’t own any mason jars? You can buy them at Walmart in all different sizes for less than $1 each and that includes the lids.
While we’re on the subject, you can also use the smaller mason jars to store homemade body scrubs and creams. You might want to try this Oat & Honey Scrub for starters. It’s super easy and you probably already have the ingredients on hand.
And now for the real fun. Here’s a roundup of ten ingenious inventions using mason jars. They’re bound to get your crafty juices flowing.
10 Crafts to Make With Mason Jars
- DIY Mason Jar Lego Guy – Spaceships and Laser Beams
- DIY Glow In The Dark Glitter Jars – The Connection We Share
- DIY Chalkboard Mason Jars for Condiments – Creating&Co
- Mason Jar Piggy Bank – Dukes and Duchesses
- Mason Jar Solar Light – Bitz n Giggles
- Easy Jar Candle Craft – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Frosted Finish Mason Jar – Happy Hooligans
- Jam Jar candle holders – Mum In The Madhouse
- Upcycled Jam Jars – Crafts on Sea
- Glass Paint Jars Kids Art Keepsakes – ZingZingTree
I also have a Pinterest board dedicated solely to mason jar projects. There are some really cool ideas on it. Be sure to check it out, and while you’re there, I’d love it if you’d follow Simple Saving Savvy on Pinterest.