I love these Melted Snowman Cookies, although I don’t usually post “cute” desserts on the blog.
“What do you have against cute desserts?”, you might ask. Nothing actually – didn’t I just post the most adorable Oreo Turkey Cookies?
I love cute desserts as much as the next person. I mean, I can’t resist all the videos on social media of fanciful cupcakes, adorable painted cookies, finely detailed picture pancakes and such. I watch every. single. one. I make absolutely none.
Why? Because most cute recipes are too complicated and I’m just not that complicated (Hubs would would probably interject at this point). Most cute recipes involve a time investment and I’m short on time these days.
But these cookies are an exception….they’re both cute AND uncomplicated. BUT they LOOK complicated…so bonus points!
So after your batter is mixed, it all starts by dropping balls of dough onto a cookie sheet. I like to use a cookie scoop to make sure I get them all the same size. I also like to use a nice big cookie sheet to allow for plenty of room without the sides of the cookies touching. Oh, and parchment paper or baking mats for easy clean up.
Then you’ll need some melted white chocolate, miniature Reese’s, sprinkles and mini chocolate chips. I’ll let the pictures tell the rest of this story.
The thing I love about these cookies is that you can be creatively challenged and still pull them off. I mean, it’s a melted snowman, it’s shouldn’t be perfect. You just glob it on and smooth it out and VOILA! Perfection. (see what I did there?)
The key is making sure your white chocolate is melted throughout and smooth in consistency. You may have to warm it up periodically if it gets too thick and hard to work with.
The faces and hats are the easy parts and you’re done! Now you’ll be the hit of your child’s classroom party or with all kids at the family get together.
- 1 box Devil's food cake mix
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1 pkg white melting chocolate white chocolate chips
- 10 miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups halved
- Mini chocolate chips
- Orange sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, eggs, flour, and extract.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop evenly sized potions of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on the sheet for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, pour the white chocolate chips into a microwave save bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- Drizzle a spoonful of melted white chocolate over each cookie to form the melted snow.
- Add half of a peanut butter cup for the hat.
- Decorate the faces with chocolate chips for eyes and sprinkles for noses.