What to Buy in February
To know what to buy in February, you have to think “out with the old and in with the new”. This is great for the frugally minded because it means all the “old” stuff gets discounted…even though its still perfectly good! And of course February is Valentine’s Day!
The month of February is also:
- Super Bowl*
- National Hot Breakfast Month*
- Great American Pies Month*
- National Canned Foods Month*
- National Children’s Dental Health Month*
- National Fiber Focus Month*
- National Snack Food Month*
- Chinese New Year*
- American Heart Month*
*expect to see sales centered around these promotions
- Super Bowl Party Foods – Snack foods, Soda, Sandwich Items
- Candy – Especially chocolate, I mean, cause it’s Valentine’s Day and all….like we need an excuse!
- Breakfast Products – like hot cereal, frozen waffles, syrup, pancake mix, etc.
- Canned goods – Fruits, Vegetables & Beans
- Dog Food Products – The Westminster Dog Show is this month! You may not care, but it’s a great time to save on treats for our four legged friends.
- Bicycles – New bicycle models are typically released in February and March in preparation for Spring, so you should be able to find discounts on older models.
- Video Games – are introduced to the market right before Christmas. You can usually score a better deal on these items by waiting until January or February when prices drop.
- Home Theaters – Look for sales on big-screen TVs and home theaters as dealers try to clear their inventory to make way for new products.
- Cameras – The Consumer Electronics Show and Photo Marketing Association convention occur at this time of year so you’ll find deals on last year’s models in February when new models begin to arrive in stores.
- Tax Preparation Software – If you’re in the market for tax prep software, February is the time the discounts start rolling out. Keep your eyes peeled and save as much as 50%.
- Valentines Candy, Card and Decorations – starting 2/15. Buy for next year! Seriously, just package it in ziploc freezer bags and stash in the closet.
- Winter Clothing – we’ll see the last of the winter clearance sales this month as retailers make room for the new Spring styles. In fact, by now, swimwear is already making an appearance.
- Health & Beauty Items – Many drug stores will start to move inventory by clearance pricing items like cosmetics, deodorant, body wash, lotions, etc. This is a great time to roam the aisles and match up coupons.
Create your own Savvy Shopper’s Guide