What to Buy in July
When it comes to what to buy in July, this month is a little like Jekyll and Hyde. We’re in the throes of summer time fun, but it’s also time to start thinking about Back to School.
The month of July is also:
- National Blueberry Month*
- National Baked Bean Month*
- National Hot Dog Month*
- National Ice Cream Month*
*expect to see sales centered around these promotions
- School Supplies – Awesome back to school deals on supplies will start hitting the first week of July.
- Picnic & BBQ Items – With July 4th and nearing the end of the summer season, look for awesome sales on paper goods, condiments, soft drinks and other popular picnic and BBQ staples.
- BBQ Grills – Once the July 4th holiday is over, you can find drastic discounts.
- Sunscreen & Insect Repellent
- Furniture – New furniture styles that were introduced at market trade shows in April are finally hitting the market, so last years models are deeply discounted to clear them out.
- Suits – Since July is one of the hottest months of the year, suit sales are low. Retailers will hold promotions to move merchandise.
- Summer Apparel – Start looking for clearance prices on swim suits, sandals, shorts and other summery clothing items.
- 4th of July – Once the holiday is over, check your favorite stores for party supplies and decorations, as well as themed baking goods like sprinkles, candy molds, cupcake liners, etc.
Use the print-friendly button to below to print the buying guide for each month, hole punch and place behind a tabbed divider in your household planner, coupon organizer or other binder.