What to Buy in May
May ushers in Summer but it is also home to Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day and Memorial Day. Lot’s of sales surround these holidays.
The month of May is also:*
- National Asparagus Month*
- National BBQ Month*
- National Egg Month*
- National Hamburger Month*
- National Salad Month*
- National Salsa Month*
- National Strawberry Month*
*expect to see sales centered around these promotions
- Picnic & BBQ items – Condiments, Hot Dogs, Beef, Paper Plates, Napkins, Insect Repellent, etc.
- Cinco de Mayo – Salsa, Tortillas, Tacos Makings
- Allergy Relief – With Spring in full swing, allergies are too. Look for promotions for over the counter allergy medications. Since expiration dates are usually so far out, stock up when you find a great price.
- Auto Maintenance – May is the calm before the summer vacation storm so watch for deals on auto maintenance to get ready for the big road trip.
- Party Supplies – Look for deals on the items you need to throw a Bridal Shower, Baby Shower or Graduation Party.
- Cookware – Pots & Pans and other cookware is still on sale due to May being a big month for weddings and of course, graduation.
- New to You – Garage sale season is in full swing as long as the cooler weather holds. You’ll also want to check Thrift Stores as people are purging their closets to make room for new summer clothes.
- Mattresses – Mattress sales usually coincide with red, white and blue holidays so watch for sales around Memorial Day.
- Refrigerator – New fridge models start rolling out during the summer months making right now a great time to buy.
- Spring Clothing – Up to 75% off
- Rain Gear – Buy and put away for next year’s rainy season.
- Swim Wear – Up to 50% off.
Use the print-friendly button to below to print the buying guide for each month, hole punch and place behind a tabbed divider in your household planner, coupon organizer or other binder.