What to Buy in September
As we look at what to buy in September, we find this month fully embracing back to school and eagerly anticipating all things Autumn. We’ll start to see grocery sales on pantry staples and and even more deals on back to school breakfast and lunch items. Labor Day sales will also discount all things summer from swimwear to patio furniture.
The month of September is also:
- National Chicken Month*
- National Coupon Month*
- National Honey Month*
- Better Breakfast Month*
- Baby Safety Month*
*expect to see sales centered around these promotions
- Back to School Supplies– While the very best deals have wound down, you can still find great prices on the most common back to school supplies like pens, pencils, crayons, markers, glue and notebook paper.
- Back to School Breakfast and Lunch – Look for grocery sales on lunchbox foods like Lunchables, pudding cups, juice boxes, toaster pastries, frozen waffles and cold cereal.
- Tomato Products – Look for great prices on pasta sauce, tomato soup, canned tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Baby Items – Look for sales mid month on major baby equipment, baby safety and general baby stuff.
- Pantry Staples– We’ll start to see lower prices on canned vegetables, soups, canned chili and other non-perishable comfort foods.
- Cars – New models are hitting the sales lots so look for great prices on this years models.
- Bicycles – Cycling season is winding down and manufacturers will introduce new models this month which means you can get a great deal on last year’s bikes.
- Picnic & BBQ – You’ll find the best sales on outdoor grills and other BBQ items. Look for great prices on patio furniture as well.
- Holiday Airfare – You’ll get the best airline ticket prices when you purchase eight weeks prior to your trip so it’s time to start shopping for Thankgiving travel.
- Shrubs, Trees & Perennials – As the summer growing season winds down, nurseries mark down their plants as much as 50% off.
- Gardening – Look for discounted prices on shrubs, trees and perennials. This is a great time to pick up nice pots or gardening containers among other gardening tools.
- Summer Apparel – Look for huge discounts on the last of summer’s apparel as stores move in fall inventory.
Create your own Savvy Shopper’s Guide