Our family loves breakfast. Any time. And my Best Breakfast Casserole fits the bill just about any time. Breakfast, brunch, brinner (breakfast for dinner), potluck at church, whenever. It’s easy peasy and delicious!
Most breakfast casseroles call for bread and require making it ahead of time and letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight. This low-carb option doesn’t require either – although you certainly may make it ahead if it will save you time.
This breakfast casserole also includes lots of healthy super-food ingredients like red bell peppers, mushrooms and baby spinach.
Because of the flavor from all the veggies and bacon, there’s no need to add any extra salt to this dish. Although you could jazz it up with fun spices like maybe thyme or paprika if you’d like.
Another thing I love about my Best Breakfast Casserole is how beautiful it is. The layered and colorful pattern lends a pleasing presentation for special occasions like maybe a Christmas brunch or baby shower brunch.
How to Make Best Breakfast Casserole
- 12 oz Turkey Bacon
- 8 oz Cheddar shredded
- 12 oz Frozen Hashbrown Potatoes
- 1 Green Onion chopped
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 tsp parsley
- 10 eggs
- 2 cup cups milk or 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2half & half
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Cook bacon in large skillet, then chop into good sized bits.
- While bacon is cooking, chop and slice your vegetables as noted.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and then layer the ingredients in this order: cheese, hashbrowns, green onion, baby spinach, mushrooms, red pepper, parsley, bacon.*
- Beat eggs together in large mixing bowl and add milk*, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture evenly over layered ingredients.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until egg mixture is cooked throughout.
- *Optional variation - You may choose to layer bacon between potatoes and green onion instead.