Here’s a simple fall recipe that will become a family favorite. Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie treats take all the deliciousness of traditional rice krispie treats to a whole new level. Be sure to pin this recipe or bookmark it. You can thank me later.
Not only do these babies satisfy all your pumpkin cravings, but they’re so easy to make. It’s just your basic rice krispie treats recipe with spices you probably already have in your pantry thrown in. Pumpkin-y spices like cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
My family loves the simplest treats. I mean, I can spend hours in the kitchen mixing and creating, and I might get a “this is good” or “it’s ok”, but when I throw down a pan of something as simple as Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats, both the kids and Hubs are raving for days.
Speaking of which, I am so glad that the weather is once again cool enough for me to don my favorite boots and scarf and head to Starbucks to grab a pumpkin latte with girlfriends. OR stay home in warm pjs and whip up a batch of my Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats for the family.
You should do both….you’ll be glad you did. Oh, and while you’re at it, whip up two batches and take one to your ladies Bible study, or community group meeting or just surprise a friend.
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie treats are also the perfect for holiday get togethers, classroom celebrations and even tailgate parties.
- Nonstick Cooking spray
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp group nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 oz white chocolate
- Choose your desired size baking pan (I used a 9x9, but for thinner treats use 11x7 or 13x9) and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in pumpkin puree and cook until warmed through.
- Fold in marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves,and salt.
- Let marshmallow mixture cool at room temperature for 20 minutes (cooling helps avoid soggy treats).
- Add the crispy rice cereal and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan, spread evenly and gently press down with a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate to set for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares and drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.