Here’s a simple fall recipe that will become a favorite family snack. Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats take all the deliciousness of traditional rice krispie treats to a whole new level.
Not only do these pumpkin flavored treats satisfy all your fall cravings, but they’re so quick and easy to make. It’s just original recipe you find on the back of the box with spices you probably already have in your pantry thrown in. Fall flavored spices like cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
I do have one important tip to share before you get started. Since the recipe calls for pumpkin to be combined with the melted marshmallow, it makes the mixture more dense than the original recipe. Be sure to let the mixture cool down as the recipe instructs before stirring in the rice krispies. Otherwise your treats will become soggy.
My family loves these treats. And I mean, who can blame them? Seriously, who can say no to all that ooey gooey marshmallowy goodness or delicious pumpkin flavor that screams “FALL IS HERE!”?
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie treats are also the perfect for holiday get togethers, classroom celebrations and even tailgate parties.
You might also want to try my Triple Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie or Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins.
- Nonstick Cooking spray
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp group nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 oz white chocolate
- Choose your desired size baking pan (I used a 9x9, but for thinner treats use 11x7 or 13x9) and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in pumpkin puree and cook until warmed through.
- Fold in marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and spice mixture.
- Let marshmallow mixture cool at room temperature for 15 minutes (cooling helps avoid soggy treats).
- Add the crispy rice cereal and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan, spread evenly and gently press down with a rubber spatula or wax paper.
- Refrigerate to set for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares and drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.