What to Buy in April
It’s April and we are officially smack dab in the middle of Spring. We’re also still in the middle of Spring cleaning, planting/gardening and Easter is this weekend.
The month of April is also:*
- National Pet Month*
- National Garden Month*
- Earth Day*
- National Pecan Month*
*expect to see sales centered around these promotions
- Spring Cleaning & Organization – Household Organization Items, Cleaning Aids and Cleansers
- Easter Dinner Items – Ham, Eggs, Butter, Asparagus
- Baking Items – Watch for sales on baking items in April to get the best prices. These prices won’t be available again until the October baking season.
- Jewish & Passover Items – Stores may temporarily stock items normally not available due to Passover.
- Gardening supplies – Seeds, Soil, Plants
- Organic & Environmentally Friendly Items – Including household cleaners, light bulbs and energy saving appliances.
- New to You – April is a busy donation month for thrift stores so you should be able to find plenty of treasures. This is also a good time to cruise garage sales, for the same reason.
- Rain Gear – April showers means that stores stock up slickers, hats and umbrellas, but the season doesn’t last long so keep an eye out for sales.
- Vacuum Cleaner – This is the time of the year when stores are clearing out stock to make room for the new models.
- Televisions – The Japanese fiscal year runs from April 1 – March 31, so companies tend to clear out their stock from the previous year. This often means a huge price drop.
- Cookware – With Spring leading up to summer weddings and graduation, many retails run sales on cookware. This could be a great time to pick up a new set of pots & pans. Also keep this in mind if you’re in the market for a new set of china.
- Easter Candy/Novelties – Start checking the stores for clearance sales after April 5.
- Easter Dresses – This is a nice opportunity to find dresses for Spring/Summer weddings at low prices.
- Spring Clothing – Retailers are still moving out Spring fashions to replace with Summer trends.
- Rain Gear – Slickers and rain boots will start being marked down toward the end of the month.
- Swim Wear – By this time, retailers are beginning to mark down swim wear as much as 30%.
Use the print-friendly button to below to print the buying guide for each month, hole punch and place behind a tabbed divider in your household planner, coupon organizer or other binder.