How cute is this Snowmen Candy Bar Basket? Seriously. So cute!
Making gifts for teachers can be a great way to save money, however, what can be a budget saver many times turns into a time crusher. Whether you’re helping your kids or doing all the work yourself, gettin’ crafty can be time consuming.
Which brings me to another reason this Snowmen Candy Bar Basket is one of my favorite teacher gift ideas….the KIDS CAN DO IT!
- This is a gift any teacher would enjoy….one word…chocolate….HELLO!
- The older kids can make it by themselves.
- The younger kids can do most of it (they may need a little help with the wrapping)
- The entire project takes about 10 minutes
- Did I mention it costs lest than $5?
How to Make a Snowmen Candy Bar Basket
- 5 Candy Bars
- 1 Small Decorative Container
- 3 Sheets Printer Paper
- Scotch Tape
- 5 Pieces of Ribbon (12-in each)
- Black Sharpie
- Orange Sharpie
- Tissue Paper or Basket Filler (optional)
- Cut each piece of printer paper in half.
- Wrap each candy bar like a present.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the candy bar closer to the top than the bottom (this is the snowman’s scarf)
- Draw a carrot nose on each “snowman”.
- Draw on eyes, smile and buttons.
- Place “snowmen” in basket [on top of tissue paper or filler].
Give to your favorite teacher!
So what do you think? Isn’t this just the cutest, easiest gift you’ve ever seen?
And don’t be afraid to get funky with it. There are all sorts of things you could do to personalize it by changing up the containers, adding more “snoman” accessories. You could even make every snowman different.
Oh, and by the way, you know how I said you needed 5 candy bars? You really should buy a 6-pack and treat yourself to one for being so frugal and creative! That’s what I did. *smile*