How cute is this Snowmen Candy Bar Basket? Seriously. So cute!
This is a DIY gift you could give just about anyone. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate? However, it’s especially perfect for teacher Christmas gifts since it’s simple and frugal!
Making gifts for teachers can be a great way to save money, but what can be a budget saver many times turns into a time crusher. Whether you’re helping your kids or doing all the work yourself, getting crafty can be time consuming.
This is why this Snowmen Candy Bar Basket is one of my favorite teacher gift ideas….the KIDS CAN DO IT!
Reasons You Should Make a Snowmen Candy Bar Basket
- This is a gift anyone would enjoy….one word…chocolate….HELLO!
- The older kids can make it by themselves.
- The younger kids can do most of it (they may need a little help with the wrapping)
- The entire project takes about 10 minutes
- Did I mention it costs lest than $5?
Here’s what you’ll need to make this DIY teacher gift:
Once you have all the supplies…it’s as easy as one, two, three!
1. Wrap the candy bars.
2. Decorate the snowmen.
3. Place in gift container.
So what do you think? Isn’t this just the cutest, easiest gift you’ve ever seen?
And don’t be afraid to get funky with it. There are all sorts of things you could do to personalize it. Try these ideas:
- experiment with different containers
- add more snowman accessories like a hat, stick arms, etc.
- use a different kind of ribbon on every snowman
- include more than one kind of candy bar
This would even be a fun craft to plan for a classroom Christmas party! Speaking of classroom parties, you should also check out this recipe for Melted Snowman Cookies. So fun!
- 5 candy bars
- 3 pieces copy paper
- 5 pieces ribbon 12 inches each
- scotch tape
- black sharpie
- orange sharpie
- 1 small decorative container for gift basket
- tissue paper or basket filler
- Cut each piece of printer paper in half.
- Using the scotch tape, wrap each candy bar like a present.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the candy bar closer to the top than the bottom (this is the snowman's scarf)
- Use the orange sharpie to draw a carrot nose on each "snowman".
- Use the black sharpie to draw on eyes, smile and buttons.
- Place "snowmen" in basket [on top of tissue paper or filler].